Einstein is a very Special Needs Umbrella Cockatoo.
*We can only place him within a 50 radius of Portland Oregon
We need to let you know in advance that, he suffers from extreme separation anxiety. Einstein feels that he needs to be in sight of his handler , most of the time. If not, he will cry out for a new toy or affection.
He is a wonderful sweet boy, and a big cuddlier.
Einstein needs a home where he will be allowed to sleep in your bed room. Or he will cry all night from separation anxiety
Einstein’s adoption fee includes 2 large cages.
To apply to adopt Einstein.
Please submit your application here.
PLEASE NOTICE; WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER PLACING EINSTEIN WITHIN 50 MILES OF VANCOUVER WASHINGTON.*** NO EXCEPTIONS
**We will be very selective on who adopts Einstein.
Einstein is NOW a 25 Year old male feather plucked Umbrella Cockatoo. Einstein hasn’t attempted to pluck himself in the past few years.
We Will only place him locally. So please don’t ask to adopt him if you live more than 50 miles of Vancouver Washington. He has been with us for years and need to visit his new home before placement. So we want to be around for him if needed.
Einstein is suffering from separation anxiety. So he Must be with in site of his family constantly or he will cry out until someone returns back into his site.
Einstein is a VERY tame, sweet cuddly, baby who acts like a Spoiled brat who is as smart as his name. He also mimics his name and “Einstein” “poor Einstein” and more. He was a smothered spoiled brat whose owner died in a car accident 3 years ago. “Einstein” was given constant attention for his first 19 years. He has stopped feather picking and he does require a cuddling understanding new parent. “Einstein” looks like he is wearing a tuxedo due to his feather plucked chest. But don’t let his looks fool you; he has a Very Big Gentle Heart.
Einstein’s Special Needs are:
- Einstein will need a second cage for your bedroom. (You will need to provide the second cage.)
- Einstein needs to sleep in his new owners’ bedroom caged due to severe separation anxiety. He is a sensitive spoiled brat If you don’t let him sleep with you he will cry hours or more until you get him.
- Einstein needs to be in view of his owner most of the time or he will WHALE cry until he sees you in his sight. This was a terrible habit the first owner taught him.
- Einstein loves a large variety of fruit & veggies, and some mash potatoes, warm cereal, pasta and other safe and healthy foods.
- “Einstein” is also bit of a ham, “Einstein” likes to dance and show off and he enjoys a variety of toys and likes to be in constant view of his new owner.
Again, “Einstein” can be a bit vocal at times when you’re out of his view. Einstein needs a knowledgeable experienced Cockatoo handler who will give him plenty of attention. He is not jealous of other humans like some other Cockatoos; he just wants to please his owner.
- Only knowledgeable experienced Cockatoo handler need to apply for Einstein.
- With all of this in mind, WE WILL NOT CONSIDER placing Einstein in a Condo or Apartment. You will need to have a house. So please don’t waste your time inquiring. Pre-Home visit before placement
- *(WE ARE ONLY LOOKING TO PLACE HIM LOCALLY SO WE CAN CONDUCT A PRE-HOME VISIT- NO EXCEPTIONS! ~ SORRY)
- “Einstein” has a large cage that he likes to be placed in view of the TV. YOU will need to provide your own bedroom sleeping cage for Einstein.
- Einstein can speak; he can say his name with a sweet voice and barks like a dog, and more.
If you are interested in adopting Einstein, please review our adoption policy found at the top of our on line adoption application page.