Please Read our Adoption Policy and requirements before submitting your application.
Our Parrot Adoptions are for US Veterans and their Spouse’s only.
You must have your Military ID Card or your DD214 available to qualify to adopt.
- You must be a minimum age of 30 years of age to qualify to adopt any parrot from us and be the head of your household.
- Home visits are required for all adoptions, so delivery is available to most areas. Understanding that home visits are required, we are also able to deliver parrots with large cages to most areas within 200 miles of Portland. Oregon. *If you live outside this region, and additional transportation fee will be required. *If we are available.
- We will not place any parrot for breeding purposes.
- We will not allow any 2nd party adoptions. *(No gifting of adopted parrots)
- *Please be aware that there are reasonable adoption fees for each parrot that will include their cage.
- Home ownership is preferred but NOT mandatory, but a minimum of 1 year at current residence is required.
- *We have a new- Payment Program is available for most adoption fees. Only after:
- Meeting an available parrot and the parrot must be fond of you first.
- Then we require a mandatory home visit.
- Then we will be able accept a non-refundable minimal 50% down.
(Then we will reserve your parrot for 30 days)
- Balance must be paid within in full within 30 days before placement of any parrot.
9. Please do not call or text us about your application. If you haven’t heard back from us after 24 hours of your submission of your application, then please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org – No calls or texting please.
*Please be aware: If you currently own a Dachshund dog or any Terrier mix dog, that is currently parrot friendly, we must meet your dog prior to any placement.
* If you currently own one of these breeds of dogs that haven’t been around parrots. It’s very unlikely we will place one of our parrots with you.
*If you meet the above qualifications then submit in your adoption application, only if you’re ready to adopt within 72 hours. We will be in contact with you within 1 to 6 hours during normal business hours.